Oh it probably doesn’t look like much to anyone else, but for this girl–who in 2007 when she was first published was aking questions like ‘what’s a blog?’ and ‘How does one get one of those address thingies that have their name in them?’ (yeah, a domain name y’all)–being able to make improvements to my own website is proof positive that I’ve come a long way in terms of understanding techy related bibs and bobs (they should name a course that — techy bibs and bobs 101).
- I added my upcoming books to my little books slideshow that appears on every page AND changed the way the slides change
- I rearranged the order of the links I have in the left widget area
- I finally understood what a widget area was
- I added my goodreads shelf to said sidebar widget area–defying all warnings that it would not work on WordPress sites! Flouting rules, too, I am I am.
- I added a litte graphic to my home page with the word ‘Welcome’ in fancy writing. I know, you didn’t notice. Go look now then, and please appreciate that it was much harder than you can possibly imagine.
Today it was my birthday, and my pressie was to be able to do whatever I wanted without having to attend to housework and kids. Congrats to hubby, he thought of the BEST PRESSIE EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take note men, you want to know what women want?
Time. To. Themselves.
Mystery solved :)